We have loved exploring all that Kent Island and the surrounding areas have to offer, and we’ve only scratched the surface. Here are some of our favorites and recommendations for fun times on the bay!
A quick easy guide to all things Queen Anne’s County! Click here
- Fisherman’s Inn Crab Deck: amazing crab dip & crushes. Indoor dining is good too next door!
- The Jetty: fun bar atmosphere. Some indoor seating. Sometimes has live music on weekends
- The Big Owl Tiki Bar: right on the water, bar food – great scenery
- Harris Crab House: can be great for outdoor dining! Stop by Rise Up & Desserts spot next door after!
- The Narrows & Bridges: both pricier, but great for a date night, delicious food, and great view!
- Kentmorr Restaurant/Dirty Dave’s Beach Bar: Restaurant is going through a management change – so check back in for news for 2023 season!
Not Waterfront – Still Good:
- Frix’s Fire Grill: don’t let the strip mall fool you – it’s a fav!
- Amalfi Coast: great for a date night – cute setting
- Knoxie’s Table: near Chesapeake Bay Beach Club. Try for outdoor seating if they allow
- Ledos Pizza: for a big family – very affordable
- Island Pub: affordable pub food. Check for live music!
- Love Point Deli: amazing sandwiches and full beer/liquor store too. Our must stop shop.
- Bark’s BBQ: amazing BBQ!
- Kent Point Marina: amazing fish, great crabs, very accommodating but goes quick!
- Waterman Joe Coffee: little blue truck, big hearts
- Stevensville Crab Shack: easy, yummy food. Picnic tables outside too
- Tasty Toucan: yummy treats, cute atmosphere
- DePaola’s Bagel & Brunch: brand new but rave reviews so far!
- Love Point Vineyard & Winery: brand new – great views
- Cascia Winery: look for concerts there!
- Cult Classic Brewery: Drinks, food, & events
- “Nemo” trail: accessible by bike or car from our house, equestrian trail that has amazing fields of flowers in the summer. Keep an eye out for poison ivy along the edges of the path. Still gorgeous in the fall/winter too! A few loops that go around lets you pick your length.
- South Island Trail: head out right from our house and meet up with the trail. Go either way to explore the island – keep in mind it is a very sunny trail at parts
- Cross Island Trail: amazing trail for biking. Park at Terrapin State Park for the beginning of the trail. Want to skip ahead? Parking is allowed at Shore United Bank 300 Castle Marina Rd along the trail side. Stop by the Chesapeake Heritage & Visitor Center!
- Matapeake Beach (& dog beach): a larger beach with great views of the Bay Bridge. Parking lot fills up quick on nice weekend days. Less than .5 mile walk to the beach. Portable bathrooms on site.
- Chesapeake Bay Environmental Center: A handful of trails with some cool views of the marsh, beach, and small information center. Another great place to rent a kayak!
- Terrapin Nature Park: can get very crowded on the summer weekends, but great views of the bay bridge and access to beach. About a 1/4 mile walk to the beach, and stroller friendly.
- Blue Heron Golf Course: quick, easy, executive course (really close)
- Queenstown Harbor Golf Course: stunning course, a bit pricey
- Local shopping spots: Anchors & Oars, Seize the Bay, The Gifted Crab, Half Full Gift
- Fresh produce: Little Farm & Nursery (right up the road – fresh eggs!), Kent Point Marina
- Spa day at Chesapeake Bay Beach Club
- Soul Society Yoga Studio
- Queenstown Outlets
- Chestertown, MD: cool college town on the water
- St. Michaels: adorable downtown, fun walking town
- Harriet Tubman Underground Railroad Museum in Church Creek: add in a drive through the Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge – really pretty drive!
- Downtown Annapolis: Naval Academy, amazing downtown, great restaurants – check for traffic!